Saturday, October 20, 2007

Random Reflections

Another weekend is here and unlike the previous weeks, I have nothing much planned this time round. I am supposed to be attending this Olympiade thingy in my school right now. It is the equivalent to the inter-faculty games in NUS. Somehow I am just feeling very lazy to go down, and feeling very tired of trying to make friends with the French. Oh no, have I just given up? What happened to my goals then? I really have no answers to this. I have always thought that sports is a universal language which can bring together people of the same interests. However, I realise French is a much more powerful language that brings people apart.

Maybe I am just a coward because I didn't turn up at the games today although I had signed up and went for one training. But I foresee myself standing alone by myself with almost nobody to talk to. I foresee myself smiling everytime they talk to me. U know why I smile? Cos I dun understand what they say and the best way to reply is not to ask "Pardon?" or "Comment?". So here I am now, backing out and losing it. Maybe I should come up with a revised list of goals soon. I only have slightly more than 3 months left in France.

One of these rare moments of reflection perhaps made me really want to go back to KR. But what can I expect when I go back to KR? I will probably have to re-integrate myself into the block as there are many freshies whom I don't know. And how will I get enough points to stay for Year 4 if I were to go back to hall? I would probably not come back in time to join the IHG teams and to play my favourite sport.

Ok enough of reflections.

On the brighter note, I am leaving for Spain next week and I can't wait to go there. I have very high expectations of it as I have heard raving reviews from friends who had been there. I have also finalised my Christmas trip which would cost me a bomb as I would very likely be watching 2 soccer matches at San Siro Milan and Old Trafford.

No comments: