Friday, January 18, 2008

random update

it's been quite a while since i last wrote anything here. i guess it's not that hard to guess the reasons. i have been studying pretty hard in anticipation of next week's exams. how much is enough to pass? can somebody tell me?


view from my window when it snowed last saturday

revision has been made harder by the fact that reading week does not exist over here. lessons continue all the way until the week before the exams, which was just yesterday. so revision is like playing stacko tetris game. while u clear some blocks, more are piled on top of them. and i am also slowly losing steam in studying, especially since i know i should be savouring my one last week in France.

anyway, i had Auto Sequentiel TP (lab) on the last 2 Wednesdays. finally, or i would say luckily, i had really nice group mates. they were very patient in explaining to me and tried to include me in the work although i could not contribute much. when i told them i would go back to singapore next week so i wouldn't be able to do the report, they told me not to worry as they would put down my name and ensure i have a good "note" (result in french). i guess it all boiled down to my old belief that luck does play a part in someone's experience overseas. or perhaps, it is just that i am more familiar to the system, i speak the language slightly better and most importantly, i do not give them a blur look when we were talking. haha. whatever the reasons are, my classmates are becoming nicer to the "stagiares étrangers" in general. but, oh well, time has run out.

went for farewell dinner with guillaume and francisco at a vietnamese restaurant yesterday. had good chat & good laugh for the evening, finally away from my books. they were nice enough to foot the bill for the 3 singaporeans who were there. well, in return, we would be treating them to "char keow teoy" when they come to singapore, starting with guillaume who will be coming this june.

"gay guillaume" =D

with guillaume & francisco

in the vietnamese restaurant @ St Bruno

ok...time to get back to books!!

1 comment:

tutu said...

Ok nice.... But, am I really gay ??? NO lah, I know that you just wanted to tease me!!! When can I see you next week before you leave France ? We can meet and share a dinner. bye,bye.