Friday, September 14, 2007

another slack week

everyone has started classes this week and i am the only who had no lessons at all. its scary to hear almost all my friends complain about how difficult it is to understand what the profs were saying. some of them had even gone to the extent of dropping and remapping their modules. hopefully everything is ok when my classes start on monday!

anw i have gd news and bad news. gd news first: i did not have to pay for the social security. that saved me 192 euros! bad news: my exams will only end on 25 jan. that will mean: 1) i will most prob miss ihg (if i can get back to hall). 2) i will miss 2 weeks of sem 2 in nus and 3) i will have to extend my swiss visa which expires on 20 jan. HAIZ. BIG HAIZ.

damn sian of the whole visa thing alr. before this SEP itself i already splurged close to 400SGD on 3 types of visa: French study visa, Schengen tourist visa and Swiss visa. Now, I have to extend the swiss one. And on top of that, I need to apply for UK visa if I wanna fulfill my Old Trafford dream. I will probably have to make a few trips to Paris just to settle all these visas (that's more moolah gone on trains!) damn i should convert my citizenship.

been trying to find the tickets for man utd's home match during xmas/new year period. apparently u'll have to sign up as a "ONE UNITED" member first and pay 28 POUNDS membership fee. this will allow u to BALLOT for the tickets. YES, it's no guarantee that u can get them. And the cheapest ticket starts at 40 pounds. Black markets sell them for hundreds of pounds. Should I be desperate and just get from them? Haha.


also been trying to plan a holiday trip to Spain/Portugal for my mid-term break. damn there are just too many beautiful cities in these 2 countries and I only have 7 days to kill.

aside from this, i have been leading a rather mundane life. found this german supermarket which sells very cheap stuff. bought an instant paella for 1.89 euros and it could feed 2 ppl. here i was cooking the famous spanish cuisine. the cheaper, the nicer it tastes. haha.

on thursday i went to FORUM DE SPORTS which was a kind of sports fair where all the different clubs are open for u to sign up as member. over here, u can actually take lessons and be graded for playing sports. they have different levels of mastery of the sports and u will be given marks upon 20. i obviously signed up for vball, but not the lessons. instead, i signed up for a permanent membership for games every thursday nite. so i just go to the court and play with whoever are there on that day. i had to pay 10 euros for this. the angmohs better be good. haha.

ok till the next update!!!!!!!!

No comments: