Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Random Post

I have more or less settled down in my hostel now. Starting to get to know a few ppl in the hostel. 1 guy from Rwanda, another from Algeria. A few South Americans from Chili and Brazil. I even got used to the fact that there is no toilet seat in the cubicle. Each time I did my business in there, I had to wipe off the surface of the toilet bowl, put a few layers of tissue paper and then sat on them. Disgusting? Well, it is really nothing much. I have seen worse toilets in my school in Indonesia.

School has not started yet. Now re-doing module mapping as many of the modules I chose clash in terms of timetable. And for those ppl who are going to France in the future, this information is going to be very useful: NUS 3rd year is not equivalent to French Grande Ecole 3rd year. A grande ecole is apparently quite a prestigious institution. The French students must have a minimum grade of Bien (Good) in order to enrol in the preparatory classes. If you have a grade of Assez Bien (Quite Good), the chance of getting into the school in really small. You will spend 2 years in preparatory classes and then the next 3 years in grande ecole. So basically, their 3rd year module is equivalent to Masters in NUS.


The only good news is that I have gottten my internet account and password. Its not as bad as I thought it would be as there is wifi in most areas of the campus. Right now, I am in the "Central Library" of the campus to do laundry. And while waiting for it to finish, I am surfing the net. Quite cool right? =P

No comments: