Thursday, December 20, 2007

19 Dec 07 - La Fin Des Cours Français Extensif

Yesterday evening marked the end of my French extensive course. Yet another reminder that my time in Europe is nearing the end. As of the time I am writing this post, I have 38 days left in Europe. Take away 12 days of travelling, that will leave me with only 26 days in France.

Anyway, the French extensive course extended for 10 weeks, taking place every Wednesday evening from 18h30-20h30. Despite the ungodly hungry hours, I usually still manage to have some fun in class (well, I do have my fair share of grumbles when I was dead hungry or dead tired). In fact, this lesson was probably the one I enjoyed most in spite of the fact that I often get "mind-raped" by the discrepancy in standard between me and my brilliant classmates.


Prof Luc Ramis

L-R: Johannes (Germany), Wiebke (Germany), Carlos (Brazil), Me with triple chin (OMG!)

I made my first few international friends in Grenoble from the French Intensive Week in late August and some of them went on to remain in the same class with me for the extensive course. Arguably, some of them are the better international friends I have made here although admittedly we are never "close" or "hang out" often enough.

Yesterday's evening lesson, being the last lesson, was fun-filled. After going through the exam paper in the first hour, we played Taboo in French while gobbling down the chips, chocolates and drinks that everyone has brought (except me =P). The atmosphere was great; everyone was happy and high. Never have I seen the class so lively and rowdy.


the class in the classic France rugby team pose

I am tempted to say I regret never putting more efforts to try to know this group of friends better. I did ask them to go for lunch every now and then, but due to the different schedules that we have, it rarely materialized. In the end, je m'en fou (I don't care) and I carried out my own agenda, ie. travelling which is also important to me. Haha. I guess I was gifted with the power of choice, so I have to bear the consequences of my decision and there is really very little room for regrets now. All I can do now is to maximise the remaining month in France and try to spend a little time here and there with them whenever possible (exams coming!!).


Behind-Front: Carlos, Me, Gailene (M'sia), Wiebke, Helena (Spain)

2 months ago, in the middle of my SEP, I was half looking forward to going back to Singapore. Ironically, it is the total opposite now. I dread the fast pace of life in Singapore. I dread having not enough sleep. =P I will miss the tranquil walk to school in the morning, savouring the mountaineous view around me.

Please let me have a blast for my last month in France!!

No comments: