Saturday, December 22, 2007

22 Dec 07 - Milan

As soon as I arrived in Milan at about 3 pm, Sinhui and I made our way to Eva Hotel located just about 1 km away from Milano central station. This was one of the worst lodging I have ever stayed in, not because of the poor comfort level of the room or bed, but the poor and old facilities of the hotel. The bathroom was aweful as the hot water would suddenly become cold in the middle of our bath. The door knobs of the toilets were so “fragile” that I felt I would just pull it off any moment when I opened the door.

random photos along the street. they have really old trams for a fashion city.

Apart from the little disappointment with the state of the hostel, the first day in Milan went pretty fine. Contrary to popular belief that Milan is a boring city, it was bustling with life, perhaps due to the fact that Christmas was coming to town. The light decorations sure made the city even more beautiful. A few noteworthy places that we visited today were the Scala Teatro, Galleria Emmanuelle Vittoria and Duomo. Emannuelle Vittoria was a really grand shopping hall and it summed up the reputation of Milan as a fashion city. In fact, everywhere I walked, I seemed to see hot babes in fashionable winter outfit. =D

photos from Galleria Emmanuelle Vittoria II

L-R: Duomo (largest cathedral in Milan); random

I wanted to see an Italian version of a Christmas market and I checked from an online source that there was supposedly one at Piazza San Ambrogioni?? However, there was nothing when we reached there. Big boo.

That was pretty much for the day. We went back early to our hostel as we would be having a pretty long day tomorrow.

No comments: