Monday, December 3, 2007

happiest school day

No, it's not because I just won a soccer bet. No, it's also not because this cute girl was flirting with me on the street (it always happens to me anyway =P). Neither is it because I just scored 20/20 for my final exam here (I wish!). No, no, not because I made many new local friends. So what is the reason then?

My most detestable prof did not turn up for lecture today!! It totally made my day. Haha. Lame? Or childish? I don't care. Simply because this was the guy who made a remark 2 months back: "Pourquoi vous êtes les quatres tous exclusives?". Translated: "Why are the four of you so exlusive?". He was referring to the fact that the 2 Singaporeans always sat with the 2 Swedish guys in class. To add salt to the wound, he was also the guy who always gave us the "Oh no, you again" look everytime we wanted to ask him questions. Since then I have already given up asking him anything. And going for his lesson was a real torture for me. So when he was absent today, it turned out to be the happiest school day ever. =D

Anyway, a shocking news from Grenoble. Last Thursday, a violence/riot broke out in the political science institute of Grenoble (IEP). After close to 3 weeks of school blockage, the director of the school was set on reopening the school despite the resistance from the pro-blockage students. Early in the morning at 7+ am, the students were trying to block the entrance to the school still. The director apparently attacked a few students with a metal dustbin, with the alibi that the students were armed and were threatening the school admin staff. At least that was what he said to the press. However, the student accounts told a totally different story. The "arms" that the director were referring to were supposedly "materials" to block the school gate. So who is right and who is wrong? J'sais pas du tout. On another building in another faculty (UPMF), violence also broke out as the security fired tear gas to scare the pro-blockage students.

No comments: