Friday, November 9, 2007

New SEP goal

After almost 3 months since my arrival in France, I have finally decided to come up with a revised goal for my SEP. A bit late, but who cares! So what is this new goal of mine?

To conquer as many cities in Europe as possible while I can. I don't really give a damn anymore about the whole making new friends thing. I just wanna live my life and enjoy myself as much as possible before I go back. Don't get me wrong, it's not that my life here is really miserable. I do enjoy myself, but sometimes I feel saddened that I have not made any French friends or even good international friends. Last Tuesday, I went to an amphitheatre (the first a lecture is held for a big group); I came early and settled down in the 4th row from the front. As people strolled in, one thing became evident: the first 3 rows were filled and slowly the 5th, 6th, 7th rows were filled...leaving a loser Chinese boy in the 4th row sitting alone. And worse is that I have to pretend I am okay with this. Everyday I am just looking forward to the end of classes so that I can be happy. I don't really wanna blame anyone, but I feel the hostel that I stayed in plays a part in me not making friends, too. There were just too many students from different schools, with a wide range of age groups. I am talking about the many Masters' students staying in my residence. Sometimes, the "slight" age gap really shows when you get stuck having nothing to say in a conversation. Of course, with some French, you can't even begin a conversation.

So right now, I have always been thinking of travelling every weekend. In fact, I have lined up everything nicely, hoping that nothing cocks up with school timetable:
  • 9 Nov: Avignon
  • 15-18 Nov: Interlaken, Jungfraujoch, Lucerne, Berne (Swiss)
  • 24-25 Nov: Chamonix Mont Blanc
  • 29 Nov - 2 Dec: Paris (to make UK Visa), Brussels and Brugge (Belgium)
  • 8 Dec: either Lyon for Fete de Lumiere or Helsinki/Copenhagen
  • 22 Dec - 2 Jan: Milan (San Siro), Amsterdam, London, Manchester (Old Trafford!)

Ambitious, huh? We'll see if I can realise this. Hopefully so. =)

No comments: